Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008



Through my daily readings back in The Fall of 2008, God was basically saying to me, “I have told you.”  So I started to record in my journals what He told me then, and I am sharing these on my blog under the label The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008. As always,  honest sharing and civil discourse are most welcome.

You were right to pray that, through the mercy I have shown you, they may also obtain mercy (Romans 11:31).  Someone prayed for you, so now you are that someone praying, for I AM sending forth heaven’s help to minister to those who WILL inherit salvation (Hebrews 1:14).

Lord, the “no matter what” is transpiring. It seems like You are saying, “Be ready” because our teapot has tipped and is pouring out over the edge of the cliff into a frighteningly deep ravine.  Lord, we have approved evils that grieves Your heart. God. help us!  Lord, I will be still and know You are in charge, but in my flesh, I am afraid of what man can do to me, to us, to the saints who follow You, Jesus, the Christ. 

Be not afraid, dear daughter. I have told you. You knew this was coming. You knew “a hard rain” was going to fall – and you knew it was “the eve of destruction” – but also that My ultimate outcome is good. A cleansed earth, My people redeemed, a new heaven and a new earth. “My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor My ways your ways” has been spoken to you many times throughout these last days.  Also We have been telling you to be still and know that I AM God.

This day, my reading in Psalms says, “I see the treacherous, and I am disgusted because they do not keep Your word (Psalm 119:158). It is encouraging to read in Hebrews 1:14 that You are sending forth all heaven’s help “to minister to those who WILL inherit salvation.”  Lord, You asked us to pray in such a time as this that as many as will come to You will come, that Your enemies will be made Your footstool, that Your Bride will be readied for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.  Even now, Lord, we wait, we watch, and we thank You, Lord.  I thank You for my salvation that makes my prayers a living sacrifice, wholly acceptable in Your sight – efficacious and a sweet fragrance to You on high.

Now, in 2014, I hear You speaking again,in similar ways (based on Psalm 119:129-136, Titus 2:1-13, Jeremiah 51:1-52:34). "Set up a banner! Blow the trumpet! For everyone is dull-hearted, without knowledge; every metalsmith is put to shame by the carved image, for his molded image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them.They are futile, a work of errors. My people, go out from the midst of Babylon! For I AM the God of recompense. I will surely repay." 

Thank You, LORD, for Your testimonies are wonderful; therefore my soul keeps them; the entrance of Your words gives light. Rivers of water run from my eyes because men do not keep Your law. Redeem us from the oppression of man!  May we adorn You, O GOD our Savior in all things, as we look for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great GOD and Savior Jesus Christ, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works as He direct our steps -- in Him, by His Holy Spirit, and by His Word Writ.

 This photograph is by Liz Burnell.

No comments:

Post a Comment