Monday, November 3, 2014

The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008



Based on Lamentations 1.

Through my daily readings back in The Fall of 2008, God was basically saying to me, “I have told you.”  So I started to record in my journals what He told me then, and I am sharing these on my blog under the label The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008. As always,  honest sharing and civil discourse are most welcome.

Share what I have told you with the Brethren.Tell them I AM raising up Pharaoh, and the fall of the nation will be dire – swift and dire. I have told you. Stand and pray – watch and wait; tell all who will listen that I AM the Bread of Life. Child, the time is coming when you will be pulled on by beggars -- pulled on but not pulled down. Offer only the Bread which you have been given for nourishment, and be sure you partake of Me as well, for your depletion will be entire unless you continually come to Me for the Living Water with which I revive and refresh, also for the True Bread that will sustain you. Beggars will be crawling, weeping, gnashing their teeth – and you will be standing there  giving out  crumbs. The arm of flesh is futile! Your sowing will be seeds of truth, My truth:

  • That I AM the way, the truth, and the life.
  • That no one can come to the Father except by Me.
  • That I have made the way by My sacrifice on the cross that atoned for sin.
  • That I have conquered death by rising into new life and birthing the church.
  • That I have imparted Me Holy Spirit into earth’s receptive vessels.
  • That these are temples – forgiven beggars -- temples not made by men.
  • That these are temples of mercy purpose to offer My Word of Life to other beggars.
I have to make many into beggars, My child.  Do not dismay, for their eternity will be in Me because I purposed and graced you for this moment before time began. Remember, there is nothing I cannot redeem.

Lord, You make me bold and strong to stand, yet I melt before the memories of which I am ashamed. Please God, take away – or just take – this vanity I lay at Your feet and nail to Your cross. Vanity, shame, measurement, performance – all of the cockroaches! They are scorpions in disguise -- they are killers of me – killers!  My old familiar enemies!  I recognize them and rebuke then in Jesus!  I belong to Him, and I am safely held by Him, in Him, for Him and for the excellent purposes which He planned for me before time began – that I would be a visionary of things unseen; that I would be an encourager to others (other beggars!), that I would find peace and joy and even a sense of safety in the midst of  “considerable trouble.”

Pray for them, not for yourself, child.  Pray for all who need to see their need for Me. Child, they are sweet and kindly, moral people, but they do not know Me! They do not contend for My truth; they contend for their own. It is unwitting sin, but it is penultimate sin to ignore Me and follow instead the dictates and desires of the human heart. Those who belong to Christ belong to Me and are the restrainer. I will remove the restrainer at some point. Come along, lamenting... and rejoice!

This photograph is by Kristofer Rowe.

No comments:

Post a Comment