Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008



Based on Psalm 119:139, Proverbs 28:9, Titus 1:1-16, Lamentations 1:1-2:22.

Through my daily readings back in The Fall of 2008, God was basically saying to me, “I have told you.”  So I started to record in my journals what He told me then, and I am sharing these on my blog under the label The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008. As always,  honest sharing and civil discourse are most welcome.


Now entering Lamentations, where I see more clearly that the Lord is the only One Who can heal and help us now. In Psalm 119:139, He is showing me that “my zeal has consumed me because the unbelievers have forgotten God’s words,” yet the Lord wants us [believers] to arise and cry out at the beginning of the watches to pour out our hearts like water before the face of the Lord; He also wants us to lift our hands toward Him  (Lamentations 2:19). Lord, it is hard to pray for the ones who have turned away their ears from hearing the law, especially knowing from Proverbs 28:9 that “even God turns His ear from their prayers.” It says in that verse that “one who turns his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination.” Nevertheless, like Abraham interceded for Sodom and Gomorrah, we, also, are to lift our prayers in their stead and on their behalf that they might be spared -- not necessarily that they will be spared from physical trial and tribulation, but spared, at least, from eternal suffering and eternal loss. We are to pray that they be saved, rescued, as He saved and rescued us, who also knew no better. That they be enclosed in His Safe Embrace and brought into the cleft of The Rock until these storms have passed. We are to pray for those who cannot pray for themselves – either because they do not know (My people perish for lack of knowledge) or because they are so wounded that their walls have crumbled. We who live in Christ and by the Holy Spirit are to serve as Repairers of the Breach.

Our prayer, oh Lord, is for the salvations of many – even on the eve of this national election! May You meet them even now, even on the road to the voting booths! Come and gently remove the blindfolds of deception. Show them and welcome them into Your arms!  I know that trouble (for many, including myself) is often the path that brings people into Your Pasture of Protection, but I’ll go ahead and pray that if they can come to You any other way, by any less arduous path, that You are able to accomplish it.

Yes, Child, pray for those who are lost or who have no curiosity, or who have no inkling that My word is true. Child, I listen to you. I hear your heart. You were one of those once. Child, you ask in Jesus for salvations to be accomplished, and, Child, My answer to prayers like these is YES. And amen! All heaven agrees.  So child, start thanking me now – and trust, no matter what transpires during this American election. 

Lord, we’re allowed to ask for miracles – in fact, I believe You are encouraging us to ask for the desires of our hearts, to reach high on the evening approaching this election!  We’re allowed to ask for miracles – and for Your Mighty Works! Many, Lord, we ask for many! That many would see You and say so, even now. I remember when I asked for a miracle for Stoker the Cat, and a miracle came forth from an x-ray taken by Dr. Light, who discerned it was one. I remember laughing with joy at the miracle and Your sense of humor sending the news through a man named Dr. Light.

You so have mercy in your heart, My daughter, but you need to cut away the edges of anger, which you have not yet realized has burnt the edges of your prayers regarding this national election. Ask Me for clarity on My Mind about on this matter, and ask to obtain it in order to pray it. Then pray it, even if you sound like Jonah sounded regarding Ninevah. Pray in the Spirit so I can flow through, for the time is short before this election which I AM calling The Fall of 2008.

This photograph is by Jo Chaney.

No comments:

Post a Comment