Friday, October 31, 2014

The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008


    
     Based on 2 Timothy 4:1-22, Proverbs 28:5, Psalm 119:113, Jeremiah 47:1-48:47. 

Through my daily readings back in The Fall of 2008, God was basically saying to me, “I have told you.”  So I started to record in my journals what He told me then, and I am sharing these on my blog under the label The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008. As always,  honest sharing and civil discourse are most welcome.  Here's from October 31, 2008:

All you need is Me.  And Me, you’ve got. Just as I have got you. Forever.  Child, forever is forever.  Is that not an excellent gift?  Treasure that is priceless?  Value beyond measuring?  Compare in your heart: My eternal Love or the approval of men?

Lord, I feel ridiculous.  No condemnation, I know, would be coming at me from You, but sorrow would.  Godly sorrow.  Let me steep in this sorrow like a little bag of tea in hot water, until Your flavor and fragrance waft again through this home.  Lord, thank You for gently steeping me in acceptance of the things I cannot change.  I need to let You heal me, starting with me feeling my feelings -- those old, familiar feelings (primarily the feeling of being “in” but not “of”).  While growing up, it was a feeling of intimation and being “less-than.”  Now that I have left that poisonous pasture, I need to embrace being “in” but not “of” that world of woe – that world that looks so beautiful, so polished like the big red apple of original sin.  I need to recognize the emptiness and superficiality of that artificial apple – and rebuke it.  Yes, it came into my house, and I love the people who brought it.  But I hate what they brought.  You say You love the sinner but hate the sin.  So, yes, I am to sit with wine-bibbers and gluttons and those who don’t know what they are doing.

It is far easier to sit with beggars than with the well-defended, the self-sufficient, the lofty, the haughty, the proud.  You do willingly sit with those I bring into your life, My daughter.  But just sit.  Steep.  Like a teabag in hot water.  Allow Me to emit fragrance that fills the room.  Your job is not the heavy-lifting.  Your job is to settle into heavy sitting, heavy staying, heavy steeping.

Child, do you see?
I see you see.
This is good – sit some more.

And know that I love you so much, even in those ways you have played the harlot without realizing.  The healing has begun – in you, in yours, in many.  Fear not! Instead, focus on faith in Me that I keep My promises and that what I have told you is true.

I have told you.

Lord, that’s where this whole download started, and now I feel that it is winding down. I have been practically to catch all Your "butterflies" in my little net.  Now I know in my knower -- it's  Teabag Time!

This photograph is by Jo Chaney.

No comments:

Post a Comment