Friday, October 24, 2014

Love Notes


Based on Psalm 119:57-64, Proverbs 27:21, 1 Timothy 3:1-16, Jeremiah 33:1-34-22.

O LORD, You are my all-sufficient portion because You caused me to think about my ways. You turned my feet to Your testimonies and made me a companion among those who fear You. The cords of the wicked had me enchained, but You revealed it and caused me to entreat Your favor with my whole heart. And You came to me, and You and set me free.

Thank You, Jesus, for unveiling my blindfolded eyes to see my utter need. Thank You for gently lifting those blindfolds and singing as You gently removed the chains. Your mercy to me has been exceedingly abundant. I now live in Your peace and truth.

In You, I live! By You, I live! Thank You for  Your refining fire(s). Thank You that others say I am "possessed by God." This is not a  compliment for those who consider me a fanatic. But You are no longer a mental abstraction to me, O Holy, Triune GOD. You are alive and real and active in my life -- concrete and actual, bringing forth Your fruit with patience, treasure in heaven. 

Thank You for answering those who call for You. Thank You for showing us Your sweetness and Your might, for causing us to lie down in Your sweet presence. You are our portion, our all-sufficiency portion, O Shepherd. We are Your sheep, Your flock, gratefully calling Your Name:

LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS!

This photograph is by Liz Burnell.

No comments:

Post a Comment