Monday, June 30, 2014

The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008



Through my daily readings back in The Fall of 2008, God was basically saying to me, “I have told you.”  So I started to record in my journals what He told me then, and I am sharing these on my blog under the label The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008. As always,  honest sharing and civil discourse are most welcome.

Go out and in all the gates of Jerusalem say to them, Hear the word of the Lord, you kings of Judah and all Judah (Jeremiah 17:19-20). Speak to the men, saying, Thus says the Lord: Behold, I am fashioning a disaster and devising a plan against you. Return now every one from his evil way and make your ways and your doings good (Jeremiah 18:11). Remember, Lord, that I stood before You to speak good for them, to turn away Your wrath from them (Jeremiah 18:20-23).  Let them be overthrown before You [that they might see and surrender and be saved].  I am in derision daily.  Everyone mocks me (Jeremiah 20:7). Let me see Your vengeance [Your salvation!] on them (Jeremiah 20:12).

Thus says the Lord: Behold, I set before you the way of life and the way of death.  But if you will not hear these words, I swear by Myself that this house shall become a desolation (Jeremiah 21:8; 22:5).

And everyone will say to his neighbor, “Why has the Lord done so to this great city?” Then they will answer, “Because they have forsaken the covenant of the Lord their God and worshipped other gods and served them” (Jeremiah 22:8-9).  Woe to him who builds his house [and his nation] by unrighteousness (Jeremiah 22:13).

[God says] I spoke to you in your prosperity, but you said, “I will not hear.” This has been your manner from your youth: that you did not obey My voice (Jeremiah 22:21). O earth, earth, earth, hear the word of the Lord! (Jeremiah 22:29-30).  Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you. They make you worthless; they speak a vision of their own heart, not from the mouth of the Lord. They continually say to those who despise Me, “The Lord has said you shall have peace” and to everyone who walks according to the dictates of his own heart they say, “No evil shall come upon you.” [But] a violent whirlwind will fall violently on the head of the wicked (Jeremiah 23:16-19).

Two baskets of figs – the first were ripe and very good figs; the other basket had very bad figs that could not be eaten. Like those good figs, so will I acknowledge those who are carried away captive from Judah for their own good – I will give them a heart to know Me and they shall return to Me with their whole heart (Jeremiah 24:1-7).

Many will become
 BEGGARS.

This photograph is by Jo Chaney.

No comments:

Post a Comment