Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Gathering in Christ



John 13:37
Peter said to Him, "LORD, why can I not follow You now? I will lay down my life for Your sake."

There are times when you cannot understand why you cannot do what you want to do. When God brings the blank space, see that you do not fill it in, but wait.  Whenever there is doubt, don’t.

Jesus had a deeper knowledge of Peter than Peter had of himself. Natural devotion may be all very well to attract us to Jesus, to make us feel His fascination, but it will never make us disciples. Natural devotion will always deny Jesus somewhere or other.

The knowledge of our own poverty brings us to the oral frontier where Jesus Christ works.

Excerpts from Oswald Chambers
Daily Devotional Bible, Reading 155 (6/4)
From My Utmost for His Highest

I don't remember where I got this photograph, but I think I pulled it off Facebook recently. To me it's a picture of God's unconditional love -- how He loves us at all times and in all circumstances, even when we think we "can do" and He knows we cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment