Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Gathering in Christ




John 13:13
“You call Me Teacher and LORD, and you say well, for I am.”

Jesus Christ is our master. We do not give enough time to brooding on this conception of our Lord. The artist has to go after the idea and stick to it until it is wrought into the character of his conception. It is not easy to maintain the conception of Jesus Christ as master. Spiritual concentration is needed to do it.

Jesus never insists on our obedience. He simply says, “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.” If once I have been indwelt by the Holy Spirit, He will always discern that I have done the fundamentally wrong thing when I disobey Jesus Christ.  Let me disobey Him, and I am the most miserable wretch…

Excerpts from Oswald Chambers
Daily Devotional Bible, Reading 154 (6/3)
From The Place of Help

This photograph is by Kristofer Rowe whose Facebook page is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment