Friday, January 17, 2014

Contemporary Psalms




1-17-14

I will tell of all Your marvelous works... I will sing praises to Your name, 
O Most High...
Psalm 9:1-2

You, O LORD, have purposed my life, permeating it with the joy of singing Your praises and telling of Your mighty works, including some that were little but nevertheless LOUD. I can understand  great wonders, such as the parting of the Red Sea, but am even more awestruck when You pierce the darkness with a pinhole of Light, such as "wells without water" appearing throughout the month of December to lead me to safer ground. Thank You for the Light -- and for the eyes to see things not seen by natural eyes. Thank You for rebirthing me into life as a born-again believer with spiritual senses activated and operative. Second birth is a gift beyond price.

LORD, I see that keeping Your sound wisdom leads me to walk safely in my ways, unafraid of sudden terror or trouble from the wicked when it comes. I embrace what You are teaching me, over and over again. Your Light keeps my foot from being caught and protects my heart from becoming ensnared. In You I trust to send forth justice, for vengeance is Yours, not mine. It is You who maintains my right and my cause; You rebuke the nations and sit on the throne judging in righteousness. I do not. What I do is tell of Your marvelous works and sing Your praises.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.




No comments:

Post a Comment