Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


12-11-13

We will not ride on horses, nor will we say anymore to the work of our hands,
"You are our gods."
Hosea 14:3

Cold, cold morning in which I am grateful to be warm and safe indoors; rested well after a good night's sleep. Such sweet gifts You give us, LORD, when You bestow us with the basics of life: shelter, warmth, rest, nourishment. These basics of life pal in comparison to the basics of Life in You and by Your Holy Spirit -- the Fullness of Life! Thank You for teaching us to feed on Your Word and to be refreshed by Your Sips of Living Water: to be edified daily, encouraged, exhorted. I appreciate Your bringing food for me every morning -- every day, Your meeting with me personally bringing exactly what I need. I appreciate being hand-fed and strengthened for whatever lies ahead.

Thank You for revealing (and helping me walk) the path of discipleship, following You alone. In former days, I was Your "fan" more than I was a follower. But You, dear LORD, corrected me and brought me into the School of Christ to be fed by You and and connected to others who are Yours as well. Thank You for sharing with us -- and through us to shed Your Love and Light with one another and to carry You forth everywhere we go. You do this so simply, so elegantly, LORD -- and daily. How graceful and great You are! Thank You for the way You prove Yourself alive and real. Oh, that many would see and know that Your Church is not a place but a people; that we belong to You, with whom we enjoy a personal relationship. Thank You for birthing the New Covenant and the Church for Your Bride -- a house, a people building up Your Body, LORD Christ -- disciples into whose minds and hearts You are writing and speaking everything we need, both now and forever...

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment