Thursday, November 7, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


11-7-13

Encourage one another, day after day, as long as it is still called "Today."
Hebrews 3:13

What an honor to be an ambassador in chains, a bondservant of the Lamb Slain for Sin, not to "lord it over" other people or hold office, but to go through life offering His Bread to anyone who is crying for bread and His Living Water to those whose thirst.

I am grateful to be able to offer what I have been given to sustain me and nourish me through this earthly life. And wow, LORD, it certainly is earthly! So many people seem focused on this world that is seen, and not at all aware of unseen powers and principalities that are at work though we cannot see this with our natural eyes.

Thank You for opening our eyes, which were once wide shit, to see You and to walk and talk with You as we walk this mortal vale. Thank You for speaking to us any way our "ears" can hear, for admonishing us to "be not afraid" but to "be ready" and always to know the reason for our hope in You. Until recently, I felt a sense of urgency about carrying Your message forth, and I thank You now for it seems You have removed that urgency from me lately. No longer am I interesting in measuring"my" performance or "my" results -- FINALLY, I see that it's not about me or my anything. It's not about me at all! Yes, I am recognizable in this body, which is a vessel You have labelled MINE. I love being Your jar of clay -- broken in many places -- and healed by Your Light which shines though the cracks. You have taken up residence in this "little old me" and in all of us who have surrendered to Your Power.

Thank You for teaching us about Your desire to be LORD of our lives, O Savior, for taking us beyond the "Savior part" so that You can reign in our lives. What a relief it is to let goof the reins, LORD. I give You free rein -- free reign (! ) and invite You, as I die daily, to reign reign reign! Here I am, LORD, pour forth -- in and through and out this little vessel, this little branch. Without You, I can do nothing. But by You and in You, all things are possible -- even the impossible. Thank You for imparting this to my heart, LORD. Shine, Jesus, shine!

This photograph by M&D Hills Photography is from a Facebook page called 
Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment