Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


11-6-13

He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses 
and forsakes them will have mercy.
Proverbs 28:13

The word "period" must mean something else? PUH- LEEEZE, LORD! In response to my cry, here and now, I believe You are saying, "Be still and know that I AM God." To me, You are assuring us that You are in the process of vindicating many.

Divide, discredit, and demonize has been the strategy of this pharoah ever since The Fall of 2008. Nuance and complexity have been held in such high regard! Thank You for leading me to David Rivard at UNH who said that, "There are some people who believe that plain-spoken language is always a sign of simple-mindedness, or worse..." This reveals so much to me, LORD! Because Your Word does not obscure the truth! Instead, it cuts through the fog and scatters the all the smoke and mirrors. Your Word sheds light, not obfuscation.

LORD, I am not surprised that we now find ourselves drowning in chaos and complexity. Darkness and confusion are not from You, but from the enemy. You have told us You  will overcome the darkness -- eventually. George Orwell prophesied days such as these, days in which "good" people would be calling things what they are not and vice versa. Today many are calling good "evil" and evil "good;" today we read and accept history that has been gradually twisted and revised over time. Woe! Now our nation finds itself like Humpty Dumpty, sitting on a wall, surrounded by confusion and chaos. Now we are suffering, and this is only the beginning of woes. 

Have mercy, LORD, for many have not realized the need for spiritual senses. It is only by Your mercy that I was retrieved from that same precarious place! Therefore, I can declare with authority that You will also rescue others by Your shaking and Your waking and Your re-awaking so that many may raised and re-birthed into New and Eternal Life. Grant them spiritual yearnings to activate their eyes to see, their ears to hear, their hearts to follow You! Lead us from manmade solutions and the sounds of Babel. Bring us into Your Quiet and Tender Shepherding. Help us to hear Your still, small voice -- even through earthquake, and wind, and fire! Lead and guide us, LORD, and may we follow!

I trust Your to breathe Life into this heap of dry bones! Your Word promises that You will allow all these woes in order to make all things new, as it was in the beginning. And so, as I read this morning in Psalm 119:162, I rejoice at Your Word as one who finds great treasure. My hope is confident! I trust that all will be well -- eventually. In Your time, by Your will, Your way. In the meanwhile, I stand ready and unafraid, albeit amazed -- profoundly amazed -- and grateful. Amen.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called 
Live Life in Color.






No comments:

Post a Comment