Thursday, November 21, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


11-21-13

"You are My flock, the flock of My pasture; you are men, and I AM Your God," says the LORD.
Ezekiel 34:31

LORD, I know it is not my job to DO but to ENCOURAGE through the Word that renews our natural minds and heart and brings them back into focus and feeding by Your Holy Spirit. We feel so helpless, LORD, sensing that the (so-to-speak) Sword of Damocles may be falling soon, feeling as though I'm waiting for it to drop. My old man is very much like Martha, wanting to mount my  White Charger and gallop into this terrible circumstance, throwing help and hope of a human kind into the situation. But You have me waiting, sitting at Your feet, listening to You say to me, "Do not hip-check Me off the Throne of this matter, child. I AM to become their all-sufficiency. I AM all they need."

You are, LORD, and I see my motives in wanting to "be a good Christian" by DOING x, y, and/or z. Your Word this morning does say that works come forth as fruit from one who faithfully follows You. So I watch and wait to discern what it is You want me to do/not do at this moment. I am resisting the old temptation to mount a cause or a campaign, shooting off my penalty flags and running from the bleachers onto the basketball court to referee the circumstances. But I resist that old liar because i do not want You to call of Heaven's Help. I know from past experience that in the spiritual unseen realms my itchings only cause You to say, "OK everybody, stop. Whitney's on the court again." What LORD? What shall I do/not do? Here I am... listening.... for Your still small voice... and now I hear I think You speaking to my faltering heart:

I AM here. I AM with them. Trust Me...Entrust them to Me. You will see My mercy and My amazing grace unfold as they climb closer, deeper, higher into My arms, nearer to My heart beats and the true encouragement that come through Me. It is right to give Me thanks and praise, even at such a time as this. Especially at such a time as this.

And so, oh God, I hear You say, "Continue in prayer, in faith, believing. Send love notes in human forms. And send songs." Thank You Lord, for Your ancient Words, ever true. Now I now the right thing to do!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.



No comments:

Post a Comment