Saturday, October 5, 2013

Contemporary Psalms



10-5-13

... beauty for ashes... joy for mourning...
Isaiah 61:3

Dear LORD and Savior, I believe my purpose is a lot about "getting real" with You and with each other -- not condescendingly or with edges of frustration and anger, but with the choices I make daily as I walk through this broken world: Being available more than busy, too busy -- meeting with You to listen and learn at Your Feet; consulting You and Godly counsel to align my walk with Your Will for me. Thank You for guiding and leading me to eliminate so many "shoulds" that simply needed to be banished from my life, depletions that were detouring me, derailing me from You, my Primary Purpose. Thank You for leading to Your sources of nourishment and away from the leeches that were being placed all over me -- oblivious me. Thank You for Your counsel and Your consolations! Thank You for making me Your ambassador, enslaved to Your Leading and Lovingkindness! Thank You for the assurance of heaven, especially as the dreaded days here on earth that You have foretold appear to be fast-approaching. Thank You for the hope of rebirth and revitalization for all for whom we pray! May we surrender it all to Your Power and walk with You in humility and gratitude.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.



No comments:

Post a Comment