Thursday, October 24, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


10-24-13

Again there shall be heard in this place -- of which you say, "It is desolate -- the voice of joy and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride...
Jeremiah 33:10-11

The eyes of my heart are wide open now, thanks to You, O God, who revealed that Christ Jesus was You indeed, manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, and received up in glory (1 Timothy 3:16). Thank You for birthing me a second time so I could learn to live in the spiritual realm according to Your spiritual senses. These were inoperative in me until You made Yourself know to me in ways so real that You cannot be denied. I am grateful to know that I know You are not just a mental abstraction, a theory, a doctrine, a sacrament (or two or three or seven). What a gift it is to know You personally, to be able to talk with You and hear from You. Thank You for such a priceless gift. It is such blessed assurance to recognize this as eternal Life, even now! Therefore I rejoice and give You thanks and praise as I walk forth to carry Your Light everywhere I go, pointing to You and praying without ceasing.

This photograph is by Pamela J. Chandler, whose work can be seen on her Facebook page -- or at Six Summit Gallery in Ivoryton, Connecticut.

.
called

No comments:

Post a Comment