Friday, October 25, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


10-25-13

Before I was afflicted, I went astray, but now I keep Your word.
Psalm 119:67

LORD, I was once a fool and blind because I did not have the eyes to see or the ears to hear Your still, small voice or Your gentle knocking on the door of my heart. In many ways, I had the form of a believer -- I went to church services and knew the liturgy inside and out. However,it was news to me that You were literally dying to talk with me and walk with me, to embrace me and correct me, to revive me and nourish me with Your Living Water and Your Bread of Life. I did not know that You desire to nourish and sustain each one whom You have made; I did not know that You grieve for so many who perish for lack of knowledge. We are born defective, O Father, and we do not understand that You have provided the Remedy for us, in Jesus who is the Christ, our Redeemer from sin and from death.

Now I know that, though a feel be ground in a mortar and pestle along with crushed grain, yet his foolishness will not depart from him (Proverbs 27:22). Thank You for revealing that all we can do is all,we can do -- You are the one who converts the heart from the doctrines of demons and the traditions of men. It is You who allows us to be broken, to come to the ends of our ropes, and You do not permit this in oder that we be smashed into smithereens forever. You allow these shipwrecks in order for us to release our grip and get out of the way. And then, You come to us, with kindness and gentleness and mercy and food; You revive us and nourish us from death to self into Eternal Life in Christ. Why is it that we must be so shattered before we turn You? I now know that You know we were born defective, descendent of Adam and Eve -- and that You provided for us, in advance of their Fall, the means of Grace and the hope of glory. I pray today that many will see at last Your Passover Lamb, slain for all mankind,  the Last Adam. It is not too hard for You. Light of the world, shine in, shone on, shine through --in Christ and by Your Holy Spirit I do pray it!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Life Is Better With God In It.


No comments:

Post a Comment