Monday, October 21, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


10-21-13

Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, and revive me in Your way. Establish Your word to Your servant, who is devoted to fearing You.

Psalm 119:37-38

Your discernment, Your wisdom, O LORD, is what all of us nedeed. I am grateful to have been born again by Your Spirit, to have Your wisdom indwelling me. All I need to do is listen -- and heed, daily receiving Your Bread of Life that seems to feed the Holy Spirit indwelling this jar of clay.

I pray for the increase of Your Holy Spirit, LORD, as I set my "self" aside each day -- each day dying to self in order that the Mind of Christ may increase in me and be carried forth everywhere I go, exuding His Truth, His Way His Life, even without a word from me.

Therefore I do not listen to false prophets or diviners or dreamers or soothsayers or sorcerers who prophesy lies. Therefore also I am able to discern Your true prophets whose words do not teach rebellion against You, LORD, whose words come to pass.

LORD, by Your Holy Spirit I receive my daily bread from Your Hand, and it contains nourishment to increase Your discernment and wisdom within me. I declare that I desire to be led by You and to refuse mere manmade knowledge as the dictates of the human heart. Led by You, may we walk in wonder, able to discern strong delusions and outright lies, in Your path of salvation and sanctification by Your Spirit, O God.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.




No comments:

Post a Comment