Sunday, October 20, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


10-20-13

Don't be afraid.. don't give up. The LORD your God is with you; the mighty One will save you. He will rejoice over you. You will rest in His love; He will sing and be joyful about you.

Zephaniah 3:16-17

Oh God, Almighty and Most Merciful, thank You for bringing to my remembrance so many of Your promises of comfort and consolation in Christ and by Your Holy Spirit. I love to be among Your Saints, O God, to find myself among the Lilies of Your Field. I love discerning that You sing and twirl over me, rejoicing that I have been led to safety in Him that is timeless. Awesome God, I don't know why I was chosen to be led out of the darkness into Your Loving Light,  but I am grateful for the assurance that Your Life, once received, can never be taken from me. This morning I see why: I am a new creation! My human heart has been replaced! I am no longer a daughter of Eve and the First Adam! I am Your daughter because I belong to the Last Adam --The Passover Lamb, slain for us.

Oh that we may encourage many who are still eating poisonous weeds and grasses to explore the Tender Shepherd and Life in Your Pastures of Plenty. Your promises are AWESOME: to keep me by Your Power in Christ and He in me. I surrender to Your Power again this day, O God on High, singing a song of gratitude and joy that I will sing for ever and ever -- amen.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called So Happy Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment