Saturday, October 19, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


10-19-13

Test all things; hold fast to what is good.
1 Thessalonians 5:21

O LORD, by Your Holy Spirit, Your Divine Connection, I stand in Christ against these twists of truth and these lies, watching people who think themselves "tolerant" gladly hurling hatred against a differing viewpoint.

LORD, You know that they know not what they are doing. You spoke of this through George Orwell, who once said, "The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." You speak of it throughout Your Word Writ, foretelling days of lawlessness and violence running rampant.

I thought I had been obeying You by "turning the other cheek" to bigotry and bullying dressed up as Political Correctness. But now, I hear You saying, "Stand."

And so I do. In You, my Savior and LORD, I stand and declare aloud that You Alone are able to correct us. Only You can reveal -- and heal. All I can do is all I can do, and that I do, starting now, praying to share my heart without huff and without hatred, and then, to leave it there, letting go in order to let You work out the results. I bring You this entire mess, wrapped in swaddling clothes, and I lay it in Your Manger.

This photograph is from the Facebook page of Clare Cunningham.



No comments:

Post a Comment