Thursday, October 17, 2013

Contemporary Psalms



10-17-13

Blessed are those who keep Your testimony, who seek You with the whole heart.
Psalm 119:2

Even the elect, O God, are led astray! For give us, LORD, for we have filled this place with the blood of innocents; we have stiffened our necks that we may not hear Your Words; we have punished Your prophets; we have prophesied lies and embraced both counterfeits and deceptions. Your people are in derision daily. Everyone mocks us. But Your Word is in my heart like a burning fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it back, and I can hold it back no longer. For You alone are able to test the righteous and see into our minds and hearts. Therefore we know that our persecutors will stumble and will not prevail.

Thank You, God, for assuring us that it is Your Will for each of us to possess our own vessels in sanctification and honor by the counsel of Your Holy Spirit, Who indwells us! We have awakened! We are Your vessels of mercy, alive in Christ and led by You personally. How excellent, how lavish is Your Love! Thank You for birthing us into New Life.

I commit my heart to following You in the Light and refusing to peek back into the darkness. Set my heart aflame with Your Love, and strengthen me to banish the Lukewarm and the Politically Correct.  I pray as a member of Your Body that we, Your Bride, might be ready -- even the elect.

This post is based on Jeremiah 19:4, Psalm 69, Numbers 25:12-13, and Psalm 119. A friend of mine named Clare Cunningham shot the above photograph, which appears on her Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment