Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


9-25-13

And I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will leads them in paths they have not known; I will make darkness light before them and crooked paths straight. These things I will do for them and not forsake them. They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, who trust in carved images, who say to the molded images, "You are my gods."
Isaiah 42:16

O God Most High, Holy Triune God, LORD of my life, You say You will correct fools, that You will bring the blind by a way they have not known, making the darkness light so they can see what they could not see with natural eyes. This is what You did for me, when I was unable to see; You had mercy on me; You met me on the way; You lifted the veils from my blind eyes and made the crooked paths straight. Thanks to You, I have been following ever since, daily dying to self in order that You might increase, and You have -- glory be to You, LORD Christ in whom I live and Whose Holy Spirit lives in me. Therefore I know, first-hand, that Your promise is true: You do correct fools. I was one once! And You corrected me! And so I know You do correct fools; I know You have, and know You continue to do this miraculous, eye-opening work. It is Your gift of Second Birth, and I pray it be Your Will for everyone I know who does not yet believe, simply because they cannot see. It is a matter of integrity to them, LORD, as well You know. Buy only You can impart the gift of second birth into Life in Your Holy Spirit, which imparts to us all the spiritual sense we do not have until we are born again by Your mercy and grace.

Indeed, You will reveal the false gods to those who choose worthless, empty idols, whose works are nothing. Their molded images are wind and confusion. But in the second birth, we are born into new life -- in Christ and by our HolySpirit, blessed with the faith of Abraham and redeemed from the pit. Thank You, God, that through Christ Jesus we are all one in Him, adopted back into Your family as Your sons and daughters, no longer of the flesh of Adam and Eve, but of His Shed Blood and Victory Over Death. Your people Your friends! Your family, O God Most High. We worship You! We give You thanks and praise! We wait in loyal trust, knowing that You are working all things to good for those who love You. And, God on High, we do! At all times and in all circumstances, we do!

This post is based on Isaiah 42 and Galatians 3. The photograph is by Jo Chaney of Mainelyphotography.com. It is called The Beginning of an Ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment