Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


8-6-13

For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Romans 8:6

LORD, I live here in this earthsuit, this house of clay that would only die and return to dust, my spirit only carnal without wisdom, without You. Thank You for opening my eyes and ears and heart and mind to be transformed into a New Creation in Christ. Thank You for imparting Your Holy Spirit to abide and increase within me, granting me Grace to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

As a New Creation in Christ, my little life is led by Your Spirit, O God, a miracle every day for which I exuberantly thank You. For as many as are led by Your Spirit, O God, these are Your sons (and daughters). Thank You for imparting Your Spirit of Adoption by whom I cry, "Abba Father!" Thanks to You, Almighty and Most Merciful Father, for transforming me into Your child, Your heirs --joint heirs with Christ.

Creation eagerly awaits the revealing of the sons of God who will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into Your Glorious Liberty. We taste this even now, but see it only dimly. Eagerly we wait to see this Splendor fully revealed, participating in it as Living Stones, radiant in thanksgiving, adoration and praise. Glory to You, LORD Christ! You are the Center of God's Eternal Purpose for humankind. Glory to You, O God Most High. Glory, glory, glory!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment