Saturday, August 17, 2013

Contemporary Psalms



8-17-13

These are the mere edges of His ways.
Job 26:14

LORD, I am tuning "the dial" of my heart into You, Who is not full of noise and static, or trouble -- or FEAR (false evidence appearing real). The station I am dialing into is the center of God's eternal purpose, the eye of the storm, where all is calm and smooth and endued with serenity, Your gift. Thank you for the past and very recent evidence that You are real and eager to help if only I will run into Your arms and listen through the quiet for Your still, small voice of calm.

Thank You for the tools of recovery I can use to find my way into Your loving arms, Your tender loving care. Thank You for teaching me that You really are over all things, known and unknown,, that You made the earth and the waters; You stretched out the North over empty space; You hung the earth on nothing. Forgive us, God, for we have wandered so far from humility under Your Headship -- so far from Your wisdom and discernment, so far away from You, yet You seek us still.

You, Who drew an circular horizon on the face of the waters, at the boundary of light and darkness! You, Whose hand adorned the heavens and pierced the fleeing serpent, Who has numbered each hair on every human head, Who pursues us like the Hound of Heaven to retrieve us and lead us out of the badlands into Your Perfect Shepherding and unconditional care.

Indeed, these are the mere edges of Your ways. Thank You for such great reminders that nothing is hard for You -- and nothing too small. Have Your way, I pray, oh LORD, as we walk forth together into another day. Joyfully safe and free -- in You, and You in me. Selah.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.


No comments:

Post a Comment