Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


8-13-13

Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.
Romans 12:9

God help me trust in You with a faith that will never dry out or wither because it is rooted in You, even when I feel uprooted. The truth and the facts are: nothing can pull me from Your Body, LORD Christ -- no principality, no dominion has power sufficient to tear me out of You. I have a place in You; You have set me into You like a precious jewel, radiating with thanks and praise, interceding in prayer, singing and, literally, glorifying You, held by the power of Your Holy Spirit. I am so grateful to be placed among other Living Stones whom You have brought into Your True Body before the Father in the heavenlies. Thank You for converting our earthly life into a living sacrifice, being transformed by the renewal ofour minds by Your Holy Spirit, Who lives in us and we live in You.

The only way I can taste an understanding of this positional truth is by Your metaphors and imagery, O God, by Your Word about branchness, about vesselness, about temples of Your Holy Spirit, about members of Your body, singing together in one great chord:

Holy, holy holy, Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning our songs shall rise to Thee. 
Holy, holy holy, Merciful and Mighty, 
God in three Persons, blessed Trinity!

Therefore, in one accord, I cling and I sing, trusting that, in this way, evil will be overcome by good, even now, and then, forever. Amen.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.




No comments:

Post a Comment