Sunday, August 11, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


8-11-13

... the elect have obtained [grace] and the rest were blinded.
Romans 11:7

Father God, in Christ and by Your Holy Spirit, I recall what You told Elijah: that You had reserved for Yourself seven thousand who had not bowed their knee to Baal. Even now, at this present time, there is a remnant reserved by grace. Paul said it when he said, "The elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded."

I do not know what I did to deserve Your Mercy, Almighty God, but I do know that the blind are blinded by a spirit of stupor that renders them unable to see or hear unless You free them of that spiritual bondage. Therefore I pray as one who was once afflicted by that same stupor, as one who was freed from it by Your mercy and grace. You gave me comfort from that affliction and brought me from a walking death into Life as  New Creation, abiding in Christ and He in me.  I stand on Your Word, especially the first chapter of 2 Corinthians, declaring that it is Your desire to set people free . It is Your Will, and my purpose is to intercede for Your Will to be done as I encounter the needs only You can fill.

O God on High, Who is Most High, I pray for many to be freed from their stupor and come to Life in Christ. May eyes and ears and hearts and minds start to open and discern Your gentle wooing. Vessels of mercy, vessels of wrath -- it is Your discretion, God, Your decision. May we, who live in Your grace, be joyful and sure-footed as we walk among the lost, emptying ourselves daily so that You might increase and shine forth, even without a word, wherever we go. We thank You for the high honor of offering the Bread of Life You have given us, and we ask that our walks in this dark world would shed forth Your Love and Light -- with (or without!) -- a spoken word.

Mercy, Lord, as You poured over me -- I ask for Your mercy for those who are now like I was once. May their hearts yearn and seek and find You as real and alive. May they at last receive You as Savior and LORD, coming to know You personally and forever,  more and more, surrendering gladly to Your Power. Selah.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.





No comments:

Post a Comment