Sunday, July 7, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


7-7-13

We must through many tribulations enter the Kingdom of God.
Acts 14:22

Thank You, GOD Almighty, Gentle and Kind, for wooing us with cords of love into Your Will Your Way and for revealing to me that I  have inadvertently discouraged rather than exhorted. Now You are teaching me that silence can speak louder than words, which is not the same thing as people-pleasing or DOORMAT-itis. Also, LORD, You are teaching me that the challenge comes in WHEN and HOW, not WHAT,  I speak. I am learning to seek Your preference about whether or not to speak as the moments may arise. If I am the one to speak, then I need to speak, sharing the WHAT literally drenched -- SOAKED -- in Your Kindness. 

Thank You for teaching me to speak less and listen more, and thank You for forgiving me for the ways I've gone wrong, done wrong, been wrng. Clarity is a sweet method of correction -- first, You reveal -- and after that, You heal. It is YOUR LIGHT that does both the revealing and healing. I am a work in progress. This is conviction, not condemnation. Thank You, GOD!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment