Friday, July 5, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


7-5-13

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
Proverbs 17:21

GOD on high, You know that there are those who say to me, "You can't help it -- you just EXUDE!" and they do not always mean this as a compliment. I know that I am enthusiastic, which means "possessed by God" and that in Christ, I have tried to speak truth in love. Recently You revealed to me that I do better carrying the message in song or in writing. There is something wrong with my tongue! Gently You are showing me that there is something wrong with my "delivery system." 

At first, I thought this meant that I have flunked. But no, I don't. You are assuring me that my heart has right -- it's my tongue that has not always been, because it has been driven by fear. Fear of dishonesty and minimization, fear of being too diplomatic, fear that if I don't say something, no one will.

In these last days, You have revealed to me that I am in bondage to some errors and some lies. For example, the error that if I don't, who will. YOU will, God, it does not depend on words. You want me to learn that silence can be a very effective weapon. It's not that You will never call me into a situation to speak; it's that I need to learn silence can be more powerful than words.

I am repenting o fears I did not see, and I am asking You, God, to remove these defects of my character. I am entirely ready to have You transform my tongue. Teach me to speak only when You say to speak, and when I do, to practice speaking truth in KINDNESS, which is what You mean by "love." You are such a good teacher, God. Thank You. Your servant is listening!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.


No comments:

Post a Comment