Monday, July 29, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


7-29-13

[God spoke rightly to Isaiah when He said] .. the hearts of this people have grown dull; their ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes they have closed... lest they should understand with their hearts and turn so that 
I should hear them.

God, before Your throne, in Christ and by Your Holy Spirit, I declare that Self-Righteous Indignation can really harden a heart -- I ought to know! I had it, and I had pride in my accomplishments and my intellect, and I had Self-Sufficiency, then Self-Pity and Martrydom galore. Still You were able to find me and retrieve me from that blindness and that deafness as I bleated, stranded, on that dangerous ledge. Therefore, I figure, You are able to retrieve ANYONE, no matter how far they have wandered into trouble and danger. For me, You were the Hound of Heaven, pursuing me relentlessly until You caught me by my fleeting foot. I pray for all the this lost beloveds, trusting that You are able to pursue and prevail. May they cease from fleeing You, O God Most Hight, may they see and hear Your Truth and forfeit all their wrong ideas. Crucify their wrong opinions, LORD, as You did for me. One by one, You revealed what I had not realized; Yo opened my ears and eyes, and then I wept in Your Arms until You raised me up to love and serve You with all my heart. In You and by Your Holy  Spirit, I pray and wait and watch, trusting You and clinging to the invisible truth that You are on the trail.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment