Sunday, July 28, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


7-28-13

Stand up and bless the LORD your God forever and ever.
Nehemiah 9:5

Two phrases stand out for me lately: "The LORD of hosts" and "in Christ." I am grateful, God, to know there are many higher powers, all much smarter than me, many vying for my life by whispering lies and fears into my ears and mind and heart, all trying to derail my earthly walk from Your paths of plenty that are drenched in Your Light, Oh LORD.

But I am in Christ, and nothing can pluck me from Him in Whom I live and move and have m=my being. I recall the "suckage" sound when the mud at low tide tries to pull my shoe off my foot. The sound is strong and long -- and loud. But it does not pull my shoe off. I am held like that in You, LORD Jesus Christ. No power in the heavens or on earth is stronger than  Your love for those who are in You -- members of Your Body, held in our places like living stones radiating joy and adoration and gratitude for our Salvation and Eternal Life, for God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, the Tree in One, God in three Persons in whom we are safe at last -- right now and forever.

And You, oh God, live also in us -- indwelling us by Your Holy Spirit as much as we allow. Lead us! Guide each heart, I pray, as only You know is best for us. Our job on earth -- my job -- is to learn to be still and discern Your still, small Voice -- and follow.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment