Saturday, July 27, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


7-27-13

O LORD of hosts, who is mighty like You, O LORD?
Psalms 89:8

My strength has been considered an asset in the world, but LORD, You have proved to me that self-sufficiency is a lie, an illusion, a sin unknown of which I was unaware. It is You Who taught me that EGO stand for Easing God Out; that in Your strength, my weakness is transformed into Your invincible might. You have taught me that all things are possible when I surrender to Your Power. You said to us, "I AM the vine; you are the branches. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me."

Help me,  O LORD, to let You be LORD of my life. I have Your Salvation -- it's a fact about me, not a feeling or a theory or wish. It is accomplished; it is finished by Your Shed Blood that covers me in Mercy and gives me Blessed Assurance. O Jesus, my Savior, what You did for me and for many cost You so much but for us, its' easy. Just receive the gift -- and open it to see what's inside.

But letting go and letting You be LORD is hard for me, O LORD. Help me let YOU be LORD as well as Savior. I implore You to have Your with this little earthsuit! I present myself daily, crucified, a living sacrifice in whom You may dwell and increase as much as You desire. I live in New and Eternal Life because of You, O LORD. You have given me Life with a capital "L" -- Fullness of Life, Kingdom Life.

Thank You, LORD! Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, God in three Persons, Holy Triune God, I thank You for being my Savior and LORD. Have Your way with me this day! Have Your way!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Jesus Saves.

No comments:

Post a Comment