Friday, July 26, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


7-26-13

I will sing of the mercies of the LORD forever; with my mouth will I make known Your faithfulness to all generations.
Psalm 89:1

LORD, thank You, in advance, for helping me as I go forth to sing Your praises and tell of Your works. I see great reluctance in people to gather unstructured and led by You; a reluctance to be freed from the world and its ways. Yet You have opened the gates for me, and I have held Your hand to walk through and share Your "beautiful butterflies" with those who gather. 

My brother David B. says, "You can get people out of the building, but it is hard to get the building out of the people." I am finding this, LORD, as I bring songs and gather believers under Your Headship. Help me resist the temptations of pride that try to accompany Your gift of seeing things Your way when others don't. Open our eyes to see You, Sweet and Kind, beckoning all of us into the simplicity of gathering with You, not about You. Someone said, "This is not a seance," and that is true, Lord Christ. Why? Because You live!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.


No comments:

Post a Comment