Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


7-30-13

Putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor, 
for we are members of one another.
Ephesians 4:25

LORD, thank You for showing me that most effective way to speak Your truth is to soak it first in kindness and to share it with a soft (even broken!) heart. Thank You also for reminding me that untruths need to be resisted and rebuked, but to do that requires Your wisdom and discernment to recognize the enemy's wiles.

You are such a good teacher -- merciful and patient, encouraging and inspiring. Through Your gentle leading, I am learning that there are many powers and principalities operating all around us in the unseen, super-natural world. And they are all smarter than we are. Yet we who belong to You live in the Highest Power! And Your Power also indwells us by the impartation of Your Holy Spirit made possible by the death and resurrection of Jesus, the Christ.

Therefore, oh God Most High, I declare that I can recognize and refuse all "bait" and all twists of Your truth, not just refusing to pass error along like a baton, but also refusing to considerations or "concerns" that conjure up something from nothing.

Thank You for Your forgiveness of all my mistakes as I receive increasing awareness to resist and refuse biting the bait. In Christ and by Your Holy Spirit, I gratefully take Your Hand and cling to You as I walk into a most precious gift of another day. Amen.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.


No comments:

Post a Comment