Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


7-24-13

A proud and haughty man -- "Scoffer" is his name -- he acts with 
arrogant pride.
Proverbs 21:24

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change and the courage to change the things I can, in both case, led by Your Holy Spirit to the Wisdom to know the difference.

For those things I cannot change -- and even for the things I can -- both are to br brought by me before You and surrendered to Your Power. I am not in charge; You are! You have all things in Your Hands -- everything that us and even that which is no more, and all that ever will be. Help me learn that turning things over to Your Care entails trusting You, moment by moment. It is not inside my own skin? Then I leave it with You! Inside my own skin? I bring that also to You and listen for Your guidance. I am learning what John Milton described as "the invincible might of weakness." Selah.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.


No comments:

Post a Comment