Thursday, July 25, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


7-25-13

Your terrors have cut me off. They came around me all day long like water; they engulfed me altogether.
Psalm 88:15-17

Thank You, LORD, for teaching me that trouble and trial in all its forms brings me opportunity to climb even closer into Your Arms. I am learning that adversity happens FOR me , not TO me -- indeed, everything that happens in my life happens FOR me, not TO me. I am to allow it, not resist it, and trust You to bring me through whatever, wherever, whenever. You are teaching me that You allow adversity; You use it to catapult me closer and higher and deeper into You, in Whom I live and move and have my being. In doing so, Your Holy Spirit increases within me, so it is a win-win for this vessel, this earthsuit, this temple of Your Holy Spirit.

Thank You for revealing this, especially in these days when common sense seems to have been washed out of the brains of men. You have opened my eyes to see that You allow adversity, creating in us a recognition of our need for You. Thus I pray when I see crisis or challenge that it cause people to see their need for You and that You will be made manifest and real through that need.

We don't need You until we need You, LORD. Thank You for showing me that You often appear first as a Gift of Desperation!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.


No comments:

Post a Comment