Friday, July 19, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


7-19-13

And the LORD God of their fathers sent warnings to them by His messengers, rising up early and sending them because He had compassion on His people and on His dwelling place. But they mocked the messengers of God, despised His words, and scoffed at His prophets until the wrath of the LORD rose against 
His people till there was no remedy.
2 Chronicles 36:15-16

LORD, let me not stiffen my neck nor harden my heart toward You, Your Will, Your Way, Your Truth, Your Life. Help me to stand up in my place in Your Body, covered by the The Blood You Shed for me and for many. Help me stand, faithful and loyal, singing and praising You without fear. May I be one who does not depart from following You all my days, oh LORD, God of our fathers. May I be in the remnant of Your people here on earth, and may I stand fast, safe in You, even as I "tear my clothes" interceding for those who cannot see and will not hear Your gentle wooing. For great is Your wrath, oh LORD, that is poured out on us because we have forsaken You to worship lesser gods.

I stand in the gap, humbling myself before You and looking for You to gather us in peace, so that our eyes shall not see all the calamity which You will bring on this place and its inhabitants. Thank You for all this assurance -- just from reading 2 Chronicles, Chapter 36!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment