Sunday, July 14, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


7-14-13

That they [the enemies of God] may know that You, whose name alone is LORD, are the Most High over all the earth.
Psalm 83:18


God on high, to the tune of the song from Les Miserables, I sing in prayer, "God on high, hear my prayer, in my need You have always been there..." Lord, I know I did not need You in my life until I saw the futility of my own way, and this day I pray You will have mercy on hearts like mine that have fallen off Center without even realizing that a tiny bit off is still OFF.

Thank You for reminding us that we are Living Stones -- we are! -- and that, as members of Christ's Heavenly Body, He is increasingly glorified as the Center of Your Eternal Purpose. Have mercy on our Edifice Complex and on natural preferences that divide us. Restore us into One Body, Your Body, Lord Christ! Help us see the meaning of the word "church" and gather us in ways that give Christ pre-eminence. Reveal to us,God, that we are inadvertently hip=checking Your Son, our Savior and Lord, from His rightful place as Head of us. 

Teach us to meet with You in Person! May we cease preferring meetings that are meeting "about You" or "for You" and may we, instead, prefer to meet with You, who desires to encourage and edify us through one another. Speak through us, LORD, and help us commit our hearts to setting aside our natural ways, ways that look good, but are not God. I pray that You will strengthen Your New Covenant Church and nourish us to grow, as from a mustard seed! Thank You, God, for I know You hear this prayer, and I know it is Your Will for us.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment