Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Contemporary Psalms

6-4-13

"... he that refraineth his lips is wise..."
Proverbs 10:19

Heavenly Father, I bring You all these things and give them for You to handle, for they are not mine to change. I remember John Travolta in the role of Michael the angel saying, when the little dog was hit by a truck, "It's not my area." Help me Lord to comprehend that I cannot prevent the unpreventable, I cannot enforce the unenforceable -- that trying to influence or change anything that is not inside my own skin is "not my area." But I struggle with this, Lord, having been encouraged to be courageous and bold to contend for truth, and You say we are Your epistles in this broken world of woe.  So I don't know how to walk this out, Lord. I hear "Say it once" and I think it's good guidance, for more than once means I am trying to control or fix or correct something that is Not my area. Transformation of hearts is Your area, not mine, God. Thank You for reminding me about the duct tape and that it's there so I can put it over my own mouth. To You, however, I can blather all I want or need. I am very grateful to You for increasing my trust in You! I know that I can bring You these concerns and leave them in Your care. And so, I actually bring them and give these concerns to You, God, laying them down, entrusting them to Your care. Amen!

This photograph is from Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment