Monday, June 3, 2013

Contemporary Psalms

6-3-13

Let their table become a snare before them and their well-being a trap.
Psalm 69:22

Almighty Father, I do pray for those who are now as I was once: independent and ignorant of You, Your Wisdom, Your Will. It helps me so much to remember that, through the press of circumstances, You were able to break through and meet me in the midst. So often I hear people say, "GOD so often comes as a Gift of Desperation." Sometimes those circumstances appear A-OK, even abundant, everything seemingly fine. That was the case for me, well-defended by a thick wall of Denial. And still, You were able to break through and meet me up close and personal -- now we meet constantly, and I am so grateful. I stand in hope that is connfident on the sidelines, in the bleachers, and I pray because prayer is my job. Preventing pain or problems -- not my job! And not only that, my little self actually blocks Your Will from flowing forth. You are a gentleman!

Therefore, I renounce any inclination to stop the flow I cannot stop anyway. Instead, in Christ and by Your Holy Spirit, I proclaim that You Alone are able to make the Living Waters flow.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment