Saturday, June 29, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


6-29-13

If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all.
Isaiah 7:9

King David said to Solomon (in 1 Chronicles 22:19), "Now set your heart and your soul to seek the LORD your God." Lord, I have stood for Your viewpoint on the issues of abortion (the accurate word is murder, for the taking of innocent life) and gay marriage (the accurate word is perversion, for it turns Your Natural Creation upside down). My relatives and friends scorn my perspective because (1) they do not think the Bible is true, nor (2) they have a personal relationship with Jesus, the Christ. Therefore they have compassion for the "wants" of mankind, which are very different from Your guidance for the best ways to live. Needs are different from wants; our wants will only lead us astray, and they have -- big time. There s a cost of discipleship, I know, Lord. And I declare to You this day that, no matter the cost, I follow You and speak Your Truth in love as You open doors for me to speak. Thank You for cautioning me about putting my head into the open jaws of a hungry lion. I will follow and obey You, oh Lion of Judah, forgiving those who know not what they are doing. I was like that once -- until You came and sat with me and sang Your Spirit into my heart.

No matter the cost, Christ Jesus, my Savior and Lord of my life, here I am, willing to listen and hear, ready to heed and to follow You in faith, believing.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment