Friday, June 28, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


6-28-13

But while their food was still in their mouths, the wrath of God came against them... In  spite of this, they still sinned and did not believe in His wondrous works. Therefore their days He consumed in futility and their years in fear.

Psalm 78:30-33

Heavenly Father, in Christ and by Your Holy Spirit, I bring all these cares and concerns, for there are many calamities and deceptions and errors and deceits -- too many for me to come against -- time wasters because, like windmills, they are deaf to Your Wooing and Wisdom. I give up, bringing it all to You again today -- leaving it all at Your feet, and turning back to walk the path You have given me in which I rejoice to walk, telling of Your works and singing Your praises. Thank You for making a way for me to "Live and Let Live" as I go through this life, focused on You and Your Good Guidance, asking what ways are best for me to go, heeding as best I can Your Good Guidance.

I give up on all who are covering their ears trying to muffle Your still, small voice. They seem like bratty children, ears covered and shouting "LA, LA, LA, LA, LA!" Please, God pry open their blindfolded eyes and unstop their covered ears. You are God Most High! I now You know that I can't, but You can and that ! I need to let go and let You free as many as will be freed before they are lost to perdition.

You, oh God Most High, are Lord of all -- over us and over everything, including all lesser gods and all spiritual entities that possess powers far greater than our human kind. You know what I bring to You in prayer, and You are telling me (once again!) to leave it all in Your Care. If You call me to arise for some portion of the reparation, You will raise me up in Strength that is not my own. Until then, I am to love any who do not yet realize that they are calling obvious sins by other names. I was like that once, but in Your Mercy and Grace, You lifted the veils from my eyes. I pray You will walk right in and sit right down, alongside the many who unwittingly refuse to consider Your perspective.

Unstop their ears, I pray, for I was like that once and, often, I still am, falling for something that calls itself Compassion but really is not. So many times I wander down some rabbit hole away from Your care. Even then, You retrieve me and gently restore me. Thank You for working with me, for Your Mercy and forgiveness, for resurrecting me from death, no longer deaf and blind. Still I can be stiff-necked, but You are able and trustworthy to shed Your Light even in the darkest hallways.

Oh God of Noah and Abraham, I rejoice that You have opened up another day for me to walk in and through, holding Your hand like a little kid, listening to every Word You say. Forgive us, Holy God, and help us walk through all this brokenness, ourselves broken but forgiven by Your Love and Light. Thank You for making us vessels of Mercy, purposed to penetrate the darkness, shedding forth Your Light in spite of all the twists and perversions, in spite of almost universal deceit.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life In Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment