Saturday, June 22, 2013

Contemporary Psalms



6-22-13

I am so troubled that I cannot speak... I call to remembrance my song in the night. I meditate within my heart, and my spirit makes diligent search.
Psalms 77:4-6

Lord, sometimes I feel that I am "damned if I do and damned if I don't." But You remind me that it's not about me; it's all about You, who is distinctly the Center of God's Eternal Purpose. My purpose here on earth is to surrender to life in You and by Your Holy Spirit. Persecution and derision go with that having surrendered to Your Power. I pray to get "me" out of the way in order that You may increase, and I pray this every day offering myself as a living sacrifice, acceptable in Your sight, oh God. Thank You for the opportunities to practice, to withstand all that comes against me or is flung against me as evidence that I must be on the right track. I am because You are. I am very grateful to know that these things have not happened TO me; they have happened FOR me. You tell me to open wide my mouth! That You long to fill me. Therefore I say to You, oh God on high, here I am, Lord.And I hear You say, "Here Am I."

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life In Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment