Friday, June 21, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


6-21-13

...they cried out to God in the battle. He heeded their prayer because they put their trust in Him.
1 Chronicles 5:20


God Most High, in Christ and by Your Holy Spirit I do see, once again, that prayer IS the battle -- especially prayer for my "enemy" -- however beloved that enemy may be. You have changed my heart from anger to sadness and softness and compassion through Your Forgiveness and Mercy toward me. I have been just like that myself, and still am many times and in many ways -- that is why it bothers me so much. Thank You, God, for revealing my propensity for "playing God" without even realizing it. Instead of tilting against natural windmills with natural weapons, You have revealed the battle is in the spiritual realm, so I must wage it there with spiritual weapons. Therefore I bring all these things to You in prayer, trusting You to overcome, to revive, to correct, to fix, to resurrect, to win. I just thank You for softening my heart, for smoothing off my edges of anger, for assuring me that if I bring it all to You, I can walk away rejoicing, for You know what You are doing and what is best.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.



No comments:

Post a Comment