Monday, May 6, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


5-6-13

And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge until 
these calamities have passed by...
Psalm 57:1

Lord, my flesh gets confused and frightened by the great divide -- the wide ravine between what is GOOD and what is GOD. The ravine itself is frightening, and the bridge across is sometimes hidden in the fog. I need to remember that I am hid in You, which means You are the way across. All I can do is all I can do, which is pray and point to You. And that is not nothing! And so I can bring these burdens to You, oh God on High, and I lay them down... at Your feet, and I leave them there, entrusting all of us into Your Lavish Love. I can give all of it for You to handle. And so I do, gratefully. Daily. Making You my refuge not only through these calamities, but always and forever,  I pray, standing fast in the liberty by which You have made us free.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.


1 comment: