Friday, May 3, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


5-3-13

Better is a little with the fear of the Lord than treasure with trouble; better is a dinner of herbs where love is than a fatted calf with hatred.
Proverbs 15:15-17

God, there is great gratitude in knowing that we really have everything we need when we belong to You. People tell us they like to come here, that there is something different here. They describe is as peace and warmth. I believe it is Your serenity and our surrender to Your Power ( I suppose the latter brings forth the former)! But how sweet it is to hear people say they find here warmth and a sense of peace. I know this warmth myself, Lord, as You encircle us under Your Wings, this tripod, our family, Your family, God. I pray we will always welcome and encircle anyone who turns here, for they are among those who mourn. I pray we will offer safe harbor to enfold them as You enfold us and that, in this way, many will come to know Your warmth and encircling Love.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment