Thursday, May 2, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


5-2-13

Though it tarries, wait for it...
Habbakuk 2:3

Lord, I just heard this twice at the clinic this morning, spoken in slang that starts out low and then spreads out the word "it" so the expression sounds like this:

Waaaaaaait for iiiii---uuuu--ttttt!

Then I return to find this scripture staring me in the face, so I am asking You, out loud, Lord, "Wait for what?" Are You saying be ready? Is someone I know in trouble? Is it about someone's salvation at long last? Whatever this may be about, I take it as encouragement from You that, though it tarries, wait for it.

Lord, let not the Day come on me unexpectedly. I pray always that I may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man, Christ Jesus, my Savior and Lord. I yearn for the Day of Your coming and for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. Today I am grateful for the sunlit life You have given us here in this sweet shire. I am grateful for the "Froto" You have birthed from us and for his friend, Sam. May we walk in You, Lord Christ, not only with our lips but in our lives, being DOers of Your Word and not hearers only.

Glory to You, Holy Triune God, and on earth Your promised peace -- soon and very soon. Come, Lord, for Your people are listening! We hear the hoofbeats and we wait, though it tarrries... we wait for it ...

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment