Monday, May 27, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


5-27-13

Pray without ceasing........
1 Thessalonians 5:17

HOLY TRIUNE GOD,  I praise You at all times and in all circumstances -- for it is good to do! It makes me look UP instead of into my own belly-button. It causes me to rejoice and be glad that You're in charge, not me. And it enables me to do the impossible, loving others no matter what they think or say or do, giving them for You to handle and leaving it at that. Thank you for the gift of the present, in which my job is to be wet clay in Your Hands -- soft and soft-hearted, as You are toward me, always and no matter what. And thank You for the gift of our son, and his Commencement. May he also know the joy that comes from letting You lead him and guide him as he goes through life. What a blessing You gave us in him. EMM. Emmanuel. God, You are with us. Thank You for making us a family.  A tripod. In Christ and by Your Holy Spirit, I give You thanks and praise!

This photograph was taken after our son's college Commencement on 5/25/13.

No comments:

Post a Comment