Friday, May 24, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


5-24-13

I am the light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
John 8:12

Father in Heaven, we come before You in Christ, in Whom we live and move and have our being, and by Your Holy Spirit, Whom You have granted to us by grace, to say how much we thank You for bringing us into Fullness of Life in Your Kingdom, God, both now and forever. Long ago You told me that I would not be able to contain the blessings of being Your child, and now (again!) I proclaim how true that was and is. I thank You for coming to me as a Gift of Desperation (GOD)! I thank You for compelling me through that despair to come closer and deeper into You and Your heartbeat. Thank You for bringing e through that despair into You joy, which is independent of my circumstances. Unlike happiness, which does depend on everything being OK or right, or fine, JOY is positional: my place in Christ, Who lives and in Whom I live both now and forever -- safe, joyous and free because of what Christ accomplished not only for me, but for every single person He created to receive if only they will. I will, and I do, Lord. I do!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment