Thursday, May 23, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


5-23-13

Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying "I am the Christ" and will deceive many.
Matthew 24:4-5

Lord, I can get so frustrated when I am faced with unwanted conditions or with what I consider to be outright, blatant wrongs. Thank You for giving me Your Eternal perspective on all things beyond my control. Thank You for teaching me about powerlessness. What a paradox it is to surrender to Your Power!

Thank You for bringing to my remembrance these truths: that You are working ALL things to good for those who love You; tat I need to forgive others who know not what they are doing, as I also did myself and still, very often, cannot see until You lift the blindfolds from my spiritual eyes.

Thank You for evidence from the past that helps me now to proclaim in unwavering faith that I can't, but You can, and I need to let You. May we who love You exude Your living waters through these broken cisterns in which we live. May Your Light shone forth through our broken-ness. May we be broken and poured to You and to Your glory. Amen.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment