Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Contemporary Psalms

5-28-13

Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, nor hidden that will not be known. 
Luke 12:1-2

Lord, I thank You for the encouragement and refreshment, a sip of Your living water in this journey through a dry desert, a parched land. Sweetly and graciously do You minister to my anguish and to my anger -- my every need. You take these feelings, and You hold me as I process them -- my fears, my fight against the enemy's accusations; You revitalize me; You strengthen me; You assure me that all will be well. Sometimes it seems that prayers for Your Will to be done simply tarry. I smile to think that thirty  years is a long time, speaking that to You, Who spent thirty years of life on earth waiting. And so I hear You say, "Though it tarry, wait for it." 

My heart rejoices to know that You have our every need well in hand. Thank You for the Revelation that learning is one thing; wisdom is another. Thank You for imparting Your Wisdom and Discernment to us. It helps me to discern what is mine from what is not, to do what I can and to bring the rest of it (which is MOST of it) to You Who can, Who will, Who does work all things to good. Our hope is in You and You alone, Almighty Holy Triune God, in Whom we trust to make all the difference.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment