Monday, May 13, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


5-13-13

God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Deification of my own preferences has been mercifully revealed to me by You, oh God. Thank You for unmasking as sin the Approval of Men and also Political Correctness that stood me down instead of upright in contending for Your truth, no matter if someone gets offended. Thank You, God, for revealing these sins to make and for making it plain that the outlet into which I was "plugged" was a vain and empty thing. No power -- there never was, and there would be! Thanks to You, I have  UNplugged from that fake socket and turned to You, in Whom I now live, recharged daily and ongoingly by Your Holy Spirit in the Fullness of Life. What a gift, God! Beyond the value of silver or gold, beyond priceless: gratifying and good, profound a true -- a relationship with You, in Christ, that obliterates the superficiality of "appearances" and claiming that everything is fine when it's not. Thank You, God, for replacing the counterfeit that was wearing camouflage with Your True Self, in Whom I abide forever and ever, thanks to You, amen and amen!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment